A crepey neck can be improved by regular cleansing, and by scrubbing with a soft nail-brush (try the plastic bristled ones) to work away dead skin and improve the circulation. Also cream it lavishly for softness and smoothness.You could also bleach the skin around your neck to improve its color.
Want to try your hand at some home-based treatments for your darkened neck? Then treat it with some of these packs made from mundane household items from your kitchen and bathroom.
* Dip a towel in hot water. Wring the towel to squeeze out excess water. Now dab this towel over the darkened areas so as to give steam to your neck, almost like a sauna.
Repeat several times. This not just lightens the skin discoloration but also slightly melts the fat around your neck.
* Grind fenugreek (methi) leaves to a fine paste and extract its juice. Mix this juice with besan (gram flour) or powdered sprouts of your choice. Apply liberally on your neck and let it stay for 15 – 20 minutes. Then wash off.
* Apply Rice Kanji water over darkened areas of your neck for about 15 minutes. You could even apply this to any of your darkened areas such as armpits, under your thighs etc.
* Using light strokes with the palms of your hands, massage your neck with fresh, preferably home made butter for 5 minutes at least once in a week. Use upward movements and don’t pull or stretch the skin unnecessarily.
* Mix vinegar with a coarse powder of wheat grains. Apply for about 15 minutes and then wash off.
* Take the squeezed half of a lemon and sprinkle table salt and turmeric over it. Rub this lemon over the darkened areas of your neck.
* Mix multani mitti (fuller earth) with rose water and apply it on your neck and wash off after 15 minutes.